Staff & Volunteers
Have you ever wanted to spend a few months or a few days away from the real world? Perhaps you don’t have a lot of time to give, but you want to make a difference? Whether it is for a few weekends that you have available or for an entire summer, as a team member at Easter Seals Wisconsin camps you will:
- Spend the summer outdoors boating, hiking, swimming, playing sports, etc.
- Spend a weekend working with campers and experiencing what camp can do for children and adults with disabilities
- Learn fundamental skills in assisting people with disabilities
- Add skills and a nationally recognized organization to your resume
- Possibly earn college credit for your time at camp
- Meet new friends from around the globe who share your interests
- Gain an understanding of what caring for a person with disabilities entails
- You will assist our campers to have the best vacation of their lives!
If you join the staff at Camp Wawbeek or Respite Camp, you will be challenged, you will be tired, and you might work harder than you’ve ever worked in your life. But you will also laugh hard, learn much and make a lasting difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities. You’ll likely change your life, too.
Our diverse team joins us from all over the world, bringing a variety of gifts and skills to share. To campers, our counselors are more than just caregivers. They are role models, cheerleaders and friends. No question they are dedicated and have the comprehensive training it takes to provide just the right amount of leadership and guidance. Many of our counselors are college students who are working toward degrees in fields that assist people with disabilities. A large number of trained volunteers support campers, too. Counselors and volunteers are led by professional camp directors.
A video is available online to preview our camps.
Opportunities to Join the Easter Seals Team
If you are interested in taking part in the AmeriCorps program, take a look at what the program has to offer at Easter Seals Wisconsin Camps. For additional questions, contact Anna Korb, AmeriCorps Program Manager, at 608.237.1397.
We need nurses! We are looking for RNs, LPNs, and GNs to join us for our weekend and summer programs.We also have great opportunities for student nurses to work directly with our campers as counselors and programmers. For more information on joining our nursing team, contact Carissa Peterson, Director of Camp & Respite Services, at 608.254.8319.
If you or your organization would like to volunteer at camp during the summer sessions or weekend sessions, please contact our AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator at 608.254.2502. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have and find the perfect fit for you.